Monday, April 10, 2006

Finally, it is warm enough to hop on my bicycle and go to my selected area to paint. I have had my eye on this old house for a long time now. The people who live in the adjacent house moved last fall and I made a sketch of this funny little house then but it was too cold to paint. Now I shall visit it at my leisure and make a few paintings of it.

It is full of old stuff but I imagine it was built a long time ago and somebody just loved it. It is very small and the tree which is trying to grow right through the house is quite old now. I imagine it was just a twiggling when the house was built.

In choosing my colours, I used Nita Leland's idea about triads. This one being Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna and Payne's Gray. I thought how appropriate the colours were as there isn't anything green yet where I live. These colours are what I see at this time of the year.

(Back to Tree and Old House)

No comments: