Saturday, June 10, 2006

This morning I sat beside the old house and gazed at the window I was going to paint. It was foggy so that my colours were hugely affected by all the moisture: I couldn't get a really dark grey and nothing wanted to dry. So I have this rather washed out looking painting. I didn't touch it up because I like to see the direct effects of weather on the results.

Mr. Brewer, whose uncle built this house, came by and we talked. He told me about the house; how he worked for the CP railroad and retired from it. (The trail I use was once the old rail bed.) Then he asked if he could buy one of my paintings! I was thrilled to say yes so if it is nice tomorrow, I will pedal down there with two matted paintings for him to choose from. Made my day.

(Back to Zealand House 9)

No comments: