Thursday, June 01, 2006

I was attempting to do all plein air paintings during the challenge, but there are times when that is not possible. Today was one of those times. So I looked through my reference photos for an earlier picture of the same house when it still had a chimney showing.

One of my tasks is to learn to not depend too much on the photo when doing the painting. I notice that my edges become even sharper (if that is possible!) when working from a photo.

When I first painted this house a year or so ago, an old man came over to see what I was doing. He had lived in that house years ago. I never asked his name and regret that now as that would have given the house a name. Someone commented that the house looks full of ghosts. It does too.

(Back to Zealand House 5)

No comments: