Thursday, May 18, 2006

This morning it was very foggy and the temperature was 13 degrees C. I took a chance on its not raining and pedaled in a different direction to another site that has lovely barns. I have painted here many times and age is beginning to take a toll on the buildings. One of the sheds was burned down a couple of years ago. The house burned well before that. The weather is gradually destroying the doors but from a distance they are still impressive. These barns must have been wonderful when they were first built. Hay and bindertwine and old machinery are everywhere inside the barns.

When I first found this place, a man and his wife approached me to see what I was doing. They took my picture which surprised me. They told me a bit about the place but they didn't have much information. In the yard between the barns I once found a page of an old local newspaper dated 1956. Of course, I took it home and mounted it on a board. No Trespassing signs have now been put up on all the buildings.

Before I finished, the wind picked up and the air became so cold that I could hardly hold onto my brushes. I had to give up because it began to rain.

I have also begun my next triad of colours: Cadmium Red, Ultramarine Blue and Gamboge

(Back to Three Abandoned Barns)

No comments: